At least I’m loved more than that banana that’s rotten.
It got tended to after me.
~ Princess Indy
Rabbits like to dig scrapes in dirt to lounge in out in the wild. House rabbits without access to diggable dirt will find suitable substitutes, like carpet, soft upholstery, or your bed.
How to make a comfy indoor scrape for a house rabbit princess:
- Find several yards of light gray fleece. (Brown, black, or white fleece is also acceptable, but obnoxious mismatches to fur color will offend the princess.)
- Cut fleece into 2-3″ squares.
- Pile squares into a mound with slightly raised edges around a center cradle. (Think mashed potatoes and gravy; bunny will be the gravy.)
- The princess will inspect your work, critique it, then dig and push and prod fleece squares into correct nest configuration. Take notes for next time.
- Check the nest once a day to adjust any fleecy disarray and re-mound as needed.
Princess Indy lounges in her fleece nest
I hope they have his size!
Tyler is a hero. He thumped so hard during last night’s attempted break-in that he woke the household (sleeping one floor up) in time to scare off the intruders.